Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Journal 15: Logic and Reason

I use logic and reason all the time. I am someone who likes to think a decision or action through. It took me about six months to prepare myself for the conversion to Vegetarianism. It was something I had to intently think about and use a large amount of logic and reason. I had to prepare myself physically and mentally. I had to get used to a new routine and diet and I could not just stop eating meat all of the sudden. With the preparation of this diet, I slowly stopped eating meat and eventually cut out every source of meat. By doing this in moderation, I prevented any sickness to myself. Vitamins and natural resources were used to obtain this new diet. Although I believe vitamins were necessary in the beginning, I have since discovered that natural vitamins are much healthier.
Driving is another subject you would use logic and reason. A driver has to be completely aware and logical. Any erratic actions or illogical choices could cost someone's life. I think it is very important to use reason and logic to judge a vehicles speed or proximity. This could help and many accidents could be avoided if the driver were to use an intelligent decision when driving. I believe many young adolescents forget to use their head when driving and making decisions. This is extremely unsafe and displays our development due to age. I believe adolescents do not have the greatest ability to use logic and reason. This is quite unfortunate but pretty common. We think in hypothetical situations but we do not use that much reason to act on these hypothetical processes.
Adolescents are not the only ones who do not use logic and reason all that much. Many adults do this as well but I spoke about adolescent instances due to my age. I believe it is much more significant when speaking about adolescents as well. I do not think that adults are typically as illogical and unreasonable then adolescents. Yes I am sometimes very illogical and naive, but I do like to use some reason. I think in hypothetical situations and my mind often wanders to the more positive aspects of life. This is a common characteristic of someone my age. I believe we are all guilty of not using reason sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment