Thursday, October 7, 2010

Journal #13: School Spirit

I have to pretty much rewrite this entire blog because it did not save correctly. Therefore, I am probably going to forget a lot of what I had originally typed. This is quite annoying.
I think school spirit is amusing. Everyone lets loose and run around in support of their school. This is interesting and quite entertaining. By running around on Homecoming, it displays our school's support and ability to have fun. Homecoming activities are quite interesting. The different days that people dress up and wear odd school inspired things makes the day intriguing. I really enjoy the pep rally that is held on the day of the Homecoming game. The assembly displays everyone's strong school spirit. Everyone is completely energetic and enthused about the upcoming events. It is quite entertaining to watch everyone act like they are little kids. Usually something goes wrong though and their is slight chaos for sometime. I like the assembly, but I believe it needs some alterations. Last year the faculty lip sync was pretty different but this year there was not that much different. Mrs. Jenkins did a dance with her fitness classes, but I think it was a little bit too long. It was pretty good but I think it could have been shortened up a bit. I am glad the students got to do the lip sync this year. It was very interesting to see our classmates lip sync to a popular song. The Junior class definitely won that contest. I really do not know what to talk about now because I am just trying to remember what I put. I think everyone is really entertaining when they dress up and participate in Homecoming Week. It is pretty interesting and most people and staff are in a great mood. I do wish the assembly was not so censored. There are way too many rules when it comes to the assembly. I understand some safety issues but I do not think some of the banned actions are too hazardous. So I do enjoy school spirit and everyone's attitude but I think we need to change some stuff up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment