Thursday, October 7, 2010

Journal #12: Working with a Partner

Depending on my mood, I am indifferent towards partner work. I enjoy the company and being able to relay my answers past another person, but sometimes I cannot really concentrate on my work. Im not too opposed to that idea though.
I like working with partners on certain projects. On others though, I do not really care for partner work. I like partner work in certain classes where the information is easy and not as extensive. This makes the assignment a little more enjoyable, plus when finished you can kind of talk with your partner. I enjoy this because it gives a little bit of a break in the class. Some classes I enjoy to work alone though. I like to work alone in classes where the assignment is difficult and quite extensive. It is very hard to complete a difficult assignment, typically due at the end of the class, when you are talking with a partner. I get better answers and better grades on the work without a partner. Although I do not like working with a partner on a difficult worksheet, I enjoy working with a partner on a large project. Projects are much easier to do when two or multiple people can work on it together. The work can be split so everyone is equally working on the project. I quite enjoy this because it is amusing and much easier to complete. Most people like partner work on most of the assignments in school, and I must agree with that. I like working with partners but only on certain assignments, like I stated earlier.
I do not have a lot more to say about partner work. A lot of the time, one will get in trouble for talking or not doing his or her work. This is really common and I am pretty much guilty of this as well. I believe it is sometimes disastrous to place high school students in a group together, usually on a ten or twenty point assignment. Most kids will not take the assignment seriously and will most like complain. This is just typical behavior of adolescents and I cannot argue this whatsoever. I am not opposed to the idea of partner work, but I am not completely for it. I think it would have to be done in the appropriate situation and time. It is typically not the best idea to place high school students in one group together, but I am completely cool with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment