Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Journal #3 Hostage Situation (Absent)

I do not know how I would react in a hostage situation because it has never happened to me. I do not know my emotions in that problem. I have seen various movies or read various novels with hostage situations in them. I hope I would not run across that unfortunate problem in my life.
I'm guessing I would not put myself in a harmful situation. I am aware of the dangers in life, but I believe I could potentially get caught off guard. Because I was orn in the suburbs of Chicago, I often dealt with paranoia when walking around in the city. I constantly watch my environment and anyone behind of around me. I ignore any homeless or strange characters on the street. Sometimes I take alternative streets in order to lose any creepy or sketch people. By knowing my surroundings, I can epect an attack or possible hostage situation. I do not know why one would take me hostage, because I am not a rich heir or anything of that sort. But i do place my wallet in my front pocket to prevent any confrontations in the city.
If I did, for some reason, get taken hostage, I would try to vocalize my struggles as much as possible, and if that does not work, I would try to reach a phone or communication device. If the criminal takes away any communication, I believe I would try self defense. I would not quit in a harmful situation like that. I do not want to get severely harmed. I am not that strong, but I believe I could potentially defend myself. By defending myself, I can prevent any bad situations. i wish I was as strong as a superhero, or possibly Jackie Chan. If I knew an awesome fighting style, I could defend myself against any criminals. I would also hope that authorities would try to aid in my release. That would make me feel horrible if no one was able to help me out. I would be extremely scared in a hostage situation, but I would hope that I could make it out completely alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment