Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Journal #4 Traveling Experience

I have not had that much traveling experience in my life. Although I have not flown to various states, I want to visit some. California, being a very vibrant and unique state, is quite appealing to me. I would love to see the various characters and scenery in that state. The music scene is also quite heavy in California, which would deeply appeal to me. Because I was born near Chicago, I enjoy being around large cities and fast paced areas. Chicago is only natural to me and I would not mind returning to Chicago later in my life. My political interests have also inspired me to move to Washington D.C. D.C. would aid in my infatuation with politics and government. I believe the originality and integrity the political state contains is quite intriguing and unique. Although I would enjoy visiting or residing in these areas, I’m not sure if I could easily leave Springfield. It has become my home and has fed my adaptions throughout the years.
I have visited very little places in the United States. I have been to Florida and Michigan. Florida did not heavily appeal to me. Although the state had many interesting sights and activities, it revolved around southern traditions. I did not enjoy the alligator hunting the state seemed so proud of. After eating at a southern restaurant, I realized how traditional Florida was. While in Florida, I went to Universal Studios, which was quite interesting. I enjoyed seeing all the attractions but was not impressed with some of the activities they had. After that, I did not really do much else. The trip was redundant and fattening. My inability to leave my comfort zone aided in the negative aspects of the trip.
I would love to leave the country and visit various countries. Europe seems quite interesting to me. All the characters and originality of the countries are really infatuating. It would be quite amazing to visit other countries. Although I have not traveled much, I am not a big fan of it. I would not mind visiting other places though.

1 comment:

  1. Brandon,

    I really liked your blog. I have actually been to all the places that you mentioned. California is a very cool place. I went there when I was younger for my little sister's make-a-wish trip, and it was so different and cool. There were a lot of things there that I had never seen. Hollywood was really cool too. I have been to Washington D.C. so many times. My mom is obsessed with history. I pretty much have the whole city memorized. I think you would like it a lot if you like politics and history.

    I'm a little disappointed that you did not like Florida very much. I was born there and lived there for seven years. Did it not make you feel happy when you were there? It is a little different with all the other cultures that live there. There's just something about Florida that makes me feel all warm and happy. HAHAHA.

    Oh, and I would LOVE to travel and see the world too.

    And I think you should get out more and travel to different places. There is so much to see in the US alone, and I think it would be a shame for you to miss out on it.

    ReplyDelete