Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Journal #7: Superstitions

I am not a prominent believer of superstitions and obscure ideals. My response toward them is somewhat neutral. I believe one can stand with these superstitions. It is not illogical or absurd to believe in certain rituals or superstitions. One common one would be cemetaries and the holding of one's breath. While passing by a cemetary, it is a superstition to hold your breath to prevent any spirits that would enter your body. I do not know the origin of this belief, but it sounds somewhat Native. Many Native Americans believed in various rituals to carry on one's spirit. These rituals or beliefs may have carried into the twenty first century. When I was younger, I did believe this absurd superstition. Although i believed it when I was younger, I do not feel a connection with that belief now. Besides that specific superstition, I did not seem to follow anything else.
I do in fact believe in paranormal activity. I am not sure if paranormal events are classified as "superstitious," but I feel as if we are not alone. I believe certain spirits linger in this world in order to gain some sort of closure. This closure is often not obtained unless a significant figure in Christianity can perform some sort of ritual. I believe paranormal figures are all around us. Some may stay connected to specific human beings. These specific beings could potentially be family members or strong friends. Some people often speak of paranormal experiences or unexplainable interactions with another dimension. I believe spirits do not try to make contact with present day inhabitants because they are risidual, and therefore do not have the knowledge of their death. The spirits could potentially interact with beings due to unaware encounters. But I do not believe most spirits are demonic and violent. The majority of spirits will not try to harm one in anyway. Because of this, I believe humans should not be too terrified of paranormal figures.
Although I do not believe in traditional superstitions, I do believe in paranormal activity in our world. I do not feel it is something to be scared of or worry about.

1 comment:

  1. I like your fluent style of writing. You have some minor proofreading errors. Your grammar is overall correct. I like your choice of interesting words. You are a good writer and you have cool interests.

    ReplyDelete