Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Journal #32: Memoir of Break

My break consisted of mainly working. I mean I got to hang out with my friends a bunch, which I am thankful for, but it mainly just consisted of me going to work and dealing with absolutely terrible people on a daily basis. I mean some customers are just unbelievably stupid sometimes. I cannot stand how one could not understand how to do anything right, and then blame their problems on me or possibly that of the company. It is not my fault that you did not receive your extremely discounted television. You did not wait in line long enough on Black Friday in order to obtain your expensive item, that is not my problem. Do not yell at me when I have only had an hour of sleep and am completely running on an energy drink and some coffee. My Christmas break just disappointed me. I realized I have a job now and cannot really enjoy things like I used to in the past. I now have to take full responsibility and do my job accordingly. I believe this experience allowed me to think of why I should quit the company and possibly move onto something that will treat me better and further display my personality. The negatives of my job greatly outweigh the positives, which only shows how much I truly hate it. I cannot stand commercials with it, I cannot stand people asking me why I was not working a certain day they come in. I mean come on? I obviously do not work every single day of my life. I went from working roughly 32 hours a week to 4.5. The paychecks are not terrible and I want to continue to find a way in which I can leave the company for good. I do not enjoy anything about it and I want out. I believe I truly realized this around Christmas break and that is why I am ranting on about this in this topic. It is not because I want to talk about it, its because I value independence and my job robs me of it. Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment