Friday, January 14, 2011

Journal #30: Wearing a Uniform

I do not entirely agree with the idea of Pleasant Plains High School students wearing uniforms. It stifles one's individuality a bit and I feel that it is kind of unnecessary to have school uniforms. People do not abide the dress code all that they should but the facility will just run into the same problems if a uniform-based dress code was initiated. I believe it is almost pointless to try and change it from what it is currently. I also believe that less and less people are disobeying the dress code. The faculty has luckily backed down a bit with dress code but I believe they will usually try and find something that someone is not abiding by. It is almost as if they want someone to disobey that.
I do not think any school should entirely support uniforms. I believe everyone should be able to express their individuality and by initiating a dress code, students will not only resent this, they will also lose a sense of originality. I am also not supportive of the idea because I have to wear a uniform at my job, which also angers me. With my job though, I can understand the use of a uniform a bit more. Because of this, I am content with idea of wearing a uniform at my job. If not for this, customers would be unaware of my occupation and what I am intended to do. At school though, I cannot seem to find a definitive reason as to why I would possibly need a uniform. I do not enjoy wearing a uniform and therefore, I quite enjoy the opportunity to wear casual clothes during school and my free time. Also, I can see issues with laundry. When wearing regular clothes, one does not need to consistently worry about their clothes being washed because they do not have to wear the same things everyday. I just have no respect or support for the idea of a uniform in school. In fact, I pretty much hate the idea of it. I do not think any school should partake in a dress code consisting of uniforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment