Friday, January 14, 2011

Journal #31: Daydreaming

I find myself daydreaming often. I daydream about random situations in which I can get myself out of. I often find myself dazing off or not paying attention to any action or dialogue thrown in my direction. It makes me feel bad at times, but there is nothing I can do about it because it is truly just my personality. Sometimes I wish I could quit my job and just obtain a large sum of money that is routinely given to me throughout my lifetime. Perhaps I can reach this by getting hit by a bus or car. This would be initially painful, but I always think about how life would be without the dreadful job in retail. So I continue to daydream about Best Buy rupturing into flames or receiving money from the government. Life would be brilliant. Outside of work, I often daydream about owning ridiculously cool cars that I can just drive all the time. Possibly supercars with extraordinary mechanics can one day be in my garage; this will sadly never happen because supercars are worth a ridiculous amount of money.

Sometimes I daydream about situations and how I would approach a particular situation. This seems to be common among all human beings, so I am not ashamed about it. Everyone has some kind of idea on how they will deal with some situation. I quite enjoy the idea of having things play out perfectly fine in your head, although you are quite disappointed when it does not in actuality. I guess I am a bit spacey but there really is not anything wrong with it. I could care less if I did or did not daydream. It is extremely common among most people, therefore I believe I should probably just embrace it. Most people tend to think of a situation in which they can successfully obtain positivity and effectiveness. Perhaps a situation in which one wins the lottery or asks out the girl of his dream. This would be pretty cool if your dreams could determine reality. Although I believe it would be cool, not everyone can receive every little object or idea that they initially wanted. Life is not really fair and if anyone wants to learn from their mistakes, they must mess up first.

No comments:

Post a Comment