Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Journal #35: Being a Reporter

I do not know if I would ever be in a situation to be a reporter in a war. I do not think I would like it that much. I do feel a sense of pride in my country when I think about a past war, though. This is probably due to the idea of freedom and sacrifice in our country. There is something about World War II and Vietnam that greatly appeal to me. It retains a prideful and respectful quality to it. I greatly respect those who lost their lives for their country. Because of this, I will speak about being a reporter in World War II. I believe it is quite commendable to be a war-time hero. These noble soldiers sacrificed their lives for the idea and privilege of freedom. Because of this, I retain much respect for these soldiers. I am thankful for the country in which I inhabit when I think of this nobility. Although I highly respect it, I cannot feel the same toward the contemporary society and its militant stature.

As a reporter, I would be sure to write about the actions and efforts made by the United States army. Possibly updates on the setting, interactions, weather, etc. will be revealed. I believe anything written would be on a narrative basis. I feel that this is more appropriate and entertaining for the audience. I believe many would follow more intently due to the style of writing. I would be sure to include the names of the ones I associated with, therefore no name will be forgotten. I believe all involved in this war should be commended for their great efforts. I would write about the valiant actions many partook in. I would also try and witness the efforts first hand. With an accurate first hand approach, I may respectably speak about the global war. I feel that World War II retains much prominence and if accurately depicted, can continue to remain prideful and respected. Because of this, I would undoubtedly choose to report during World War II.

No comments:

Post a Comment